StarFlint: Adventures in Space
StarFlint, created by Stunmason Games has appeared on the Square Enix Collective as a live entry. The upcoming space point and click will soon be launching a Kickstarter campaign but no word on dates yet. The Square Enix Collective is a platform that helps indie developers get some buzz and funds behind them.
Tell me More
The art style is hand-drawn and embraces cartoon drawing. The story takes place in the future far away when corporations have all the power. It’s funny how that future doesn’t seem so faraway these days! The developers want to make a new type of point and click so management features will be included. They say StarFlint will be “point and click meets Fallout Shelter”.
Here are all the details from the Square Enix Collective page.
Travel around the Globes, under the Seas, into Outer Space… and Beyond!
Join Trixie and Flint as they confront the dark galaxy. An adventure game where your choices will control their story.
Two destinies, full of sound and fury, amid humor and social criticism. A SF explosive cocktail told and brought to life by Stunmason Games.
Take a young smuggler, Flint, throw him in space amid piles of scrap metal (superb!), Improbable critters (but disgusting!), Bad guys (awful!), Curvy creatures (and who know exactly what they want) and above all, enrobe all that with virtuosity, elegance and the sense of rhythm. Then link him to the life of a great pirate captain sought by all and you get one of the few video game adventures where the future is played with a laugh!
Together, they will explore the galaxy, meeting many suspicious alien characters and uncovering the mysteries behind a larger conspiracy. Spiced up with a good dose of humor, players will be able to customize their underground facility to earn money and accommodate more employees, expand their rooms, open up new possibilities, side quests and new places to explore.
Starflint is a Point’n Click 2D role playing game. The player always has two possibilities to overcome an enigma. By solving a simple puzzle or borrowing a more difficult path that will lead him to solve a much more complicated puzzle. Obviously the reward will not be the same depending on the path chosen. The puzzles will always be logical, you will never have to assemble an elastic with a candle to defuse a bomb!
The player is completely free to explore the world of Starflint and its various planets in the order he pleases. He is able to discuss with the characters he meets, allowing him to collect valuable clues to progress, both in the main quest and in the side quests.
Once a planet discovered, the player can develop his business.
Starflint puts you in control of a secret facility.
With the help of a unique playable character, build the perfect building choosing from a wide range of rooms, unlock them by completing quests, supervise employees and engage them during your adventure.
All the characters you’ll meet across the galaxy will be able to join your business, if of course, you know how to persuade them or do them a favor.
Once visited, these places are also be available for Trixie and Flint. Opening some side quests for our heroes.
– Not an episodic game – We will offer you a unique and full adventure with Starflint the Blackhole Prophecy. No episodes but one complete game for your unique pleasure!
– Choosiness On A Massive Scale – Players will make choices which affect the game, the future dialogs with NPC and their story.
– A Living World – The goal is for everything to be interactive, to reward players who poke and prod at every last item and object with insight, secrets, and humor.
– Multiple Protagonists – Each crew member will have his role to play, they are not just there to make the figuration!
– Multiple endings – You have the power to write the story, with complete freedom of approach and it’s your choices which change the game. There will be a great replayability. Depending on your choices. Like on the Mass Effect games or Blade Runner point’n click game. Multiple possibilities and endings for Trixie and Flint during their journey!
– Collectables and achievements – On each planet some collectable items concealed in the scenery are to be found. Starflint will be stuffed with many amusing achievements for the bravest.
– A galaxy far far away – Explore the galaxy aboard your spaceship and with your alien crew. You will meet many intriguing and suspicious aliens characters, in a universe where races are multiple with their own culture. You will explore a wide range of planets, each different from the other, all even more dangerous than the other. The player will have to learn the language of a civilization, in order to understand and communicate with its members.
– Not For Kids – Complex relationships will be explored with themes of family, loss, and identity influenced by horror with blood contents, sci-fi, and mystery genres. StarFlint is an adult-themed video game. The player can make choices that will lead him to see some romance scenes.
Okay I want it
If you want to get your hands on StarFlint how you do so will be down to its Kickstarter campaign. Originally it will be aiming for funds for PC, Linux and Mac versions. It would then like to come to X1. Stretch goals will include PS4 and Switch.
I will leave you with some images relating to the game.